UPDATE 20-11-2016: This is a dead simple system that I did when I was learning basic PHP in college. I didn’t realize it would be helpful for other students until I uploaded it on my website. Just use it for learning purposes.
You may had heard about student information systems. Its the software which manages student’s information in the form of database records. Many educational institutes use this type of software to manage the vast information of their previous and current students.
Previous semester, our web development lecturer asked us to develop a website system using PHP and MySQL. I preferred this type of system because most of the people can easily understand its purpose and functions.
- Simple design.
- Fast (due to minimal graphics).
- Less than 10 pages.
- Web pages developed in PHP.
- Records stored using MySQL Database.
- Absolutely FREE with modification allowed.
Watch the following DEMO video to have an idea of Student Information System:
How to get it?
How to run/install/use?
- To run this project on your PC, you need a web server with PHP and MySQL support. If you’re using Windows then download and install WAMP. If you’re a linux user then use XAMP.
- After installing the above mentioned software, download the zip of Student Information System and extract the files to the ‘www’ folder of WAMP or ‘htdocs’ folder of XAMP.
- Start WAMP SERVER.
- Import the mysql.sql file using PHPMYADMIN. (Hint open this URL in browser: http://localhost/phpmyadmin)
- After this, open ‘LocalHost’ in your browser by navigating your browser to http://localhost.
- ‘Student Information System’ will be working now.